Saturday, February 16, 2019

Shrimp Journal- All the berried shrimp- Yellow tank reset

 The Yellow Neo's tank got a reset today. This is the last of the three dirted tanks I wanted to rear down, rinse out all the potting soil, and set back much simpler. 



You can see in this picture from when I redid the white graveled 10g, it's the tank of the left. So yellow and so ugly. The plants weren't growing as well as I hoped they would with the dirted substrate, and the shrimp looked terrible in the yellow water. 



This is a much better, simpler lay out. Clearer water. I still have a bit of gunk to scrape off with a razor blade at the gravel line, but I'm much happier with this. I kept the matten filter in the drained tank water so the beneficial bacteria keeping the tank cycled didn't die. Once the water ages and comes back up to temperature in a couple of days I can move the shrimp back in. Right now they're in a breeder box on the Aura's tank.

I think I  finally  have gotten my tank parameters under control. Tank C4 (Ghost Bees), and C5 (mixed Caridinas) were the last two I had set up before the recent three new tanks, so they didn't have time to get as out of whack with the GH as the rest, so they've been producing babies and those babies are growing and doing really well.

All the cherries in the Blue Bolt/Black King Kong tank have recovered and colored back up. Three or four are berried. Three of the Blue Bolts are still all hunched over looking, but I do have one carrying a handful of eggs under her.

Berried Blue Bolt
The Ghosts are still doing spectacular. The babies are big enough that if I were selling any, they're big enough to ship as juvies. One berried female in there and she should be hatching out babies any day. The two Auras in the breeder box on that tank bred by the Ghost male are still hanging onto all their eggs. Super stoked about that.



I've got three sets of babies in the tank now in the mixed Caridina tank, and four more berried females. One of the Red Safari and one of the Black Tiger culls. First female from each group.

Berried Black Tiger cull
Berried Red Safari cull
The other two are the F6 x's.

Berried F6 

Berried F6
It's exciting to look in the tank and see all the babies exploring around now. 









No comments:

Post a Comment