Monday, February 18, 2019

Shrimp Journal- Moved around some shrimp this weekend- Berried Wine Red

 The OEBT are in their own tank now and out of the breeder box. Mostly they like to hang out inside the cholla wood and there's only 10 in there so the tank still looks empty. 




I moved the two nice CRS and CBS into their own tank. There was one other nicer looking CRS, and one Black Tiger cull who hitch hiked a ride.



All the f6 tibees and the CRS males that didn't have high white went into the third new set up tank. I still have the three berried tibees in the mixed tank, but they can wait till they hatch their babies to move.



I also have my first berried Wine Red King Kong- Panda Pattern. I don't know if one of the blacks or the wine reds got her. Either way, yay, berried shramp! I haven't been able to get a good shot of her yet because she's been hiding in or under the cholla wood.


I was going to put the yellows back in their newly reset tank tonight, and then as I was watching them, one molted. Never a good idea to do a water change or move a freshly molted shrimp. Plus I have four berried females in there, and I don't want to many water changed to cause one of the females to molt early. The eggs stay with the shed molt and I could lose them, even with an egg tumbler.



No comments:

Post a Comment